Friday, October 16, 2015

Real Turtles

Two quick examples to show you how the Southern Foodways Symposium is. 1. I was up at City Grocery Bar tonight with Alice Randall (THE WIND DONE GONE). And she was like, "I'll tell you a story I never tell anyone, because you bought my drink." But the drink I "bought" her was club soda, which I'm almost 100% positive is FREE! But she told me the story anyway, and no, I'm not going to tell you what it was. 2. Next thing you know I was eating turtle hot dogs with a CHEERS writer. That's not a euphemism! The hot dogs were really made from turtles. We talked about how he developed the character "Paul." And I told him all about Steve Wolfhard. But Steve drew this illustration (above) about a CHEERS character called Pete, whom I don't even remember... not Paul, as I erroneously told my turtle-devouring friend! Oh well, life isn't always perfect.